United Medical Systems is a mobile healthcare services company offering shared service programs with an emphasis on delivering advanced technologies and cost- efficient solutions in the clinical areas of Urology. We are confident our partners, including healthcare facilities, physicians and their patients, all benefit from the enhanced medical capabilities that UMS provide. It is our dedicated and accomplished clinical and service teams that promote our goals and ensure the well-being of our customers nationwide.
Responsibilities for Urology Scrub / Surgical / Laser Tech:
Qualifications for Urology Scrub / Surgical / Laser Tech:
- Perform procedures in accordance with all Laser protocols.
- Transports and sets up ureteroscopy/laser equipment in OR prior to procedure.
- Assists Urologist in performing ureteroscopy and laser procedures.
- Report to facility no later than 60 minutes prior to the start of the procedure.
- Submit complete and legible treatment/billing logs according to UMS’ HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Reviews and maintains inventory of supplies and cystoscopy equipment.
- Responsible for contacting facilities to confirm schedule, number of patient procedures and start times.
- Responsible for having an after-hours contact at each facility in case of equipment failure or emergency. It is the technologist’s responsibility to contact the facility in case of potential cancellation and work with the Laser Supervisor to try to accommodate the patient procedures.
- Maintains and builds relationships with physician partners.
- Responsible for maintaining Policies & Procedure Manuals, which includes adding updates and reviewing each manual prior to any inspection.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the equipment and supplies to perform procedures in an efficient and aesthetic manner. They will prepare the equipment for transport, including but not limited to, cleaning/disinfecting the equipment, putting supplies away, etc.
- Notify their service engineer of any malfunctioning equipment.
- Laser Specialist will wear a company name badge at all times, when on the premises of a facility.
- Laser Specialist will only assist in procedures under the direct supervision of a urologist.
- Comply with all instructions from the urologist and/or anesthesiologist directly involved with the laser procedure.
- Attendance and participation in various local and national medical meetings/conventions/training programs upon request of manager.
- Submission of weekly expense reports and patient treatments sheets.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefits for this job which includes but not limited to the following
- Certified Scrub Tech or Certified Surgical Technologist or similar background preferred
- Prior OR experience required
- Urology experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience working in Operation Room setting.
- Prior experience with Holmium Laser utilization for Urology procedures a plus.
- Knowledge of sterilization protocols will be considered a plus.
- Medical insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid STD/LTD Insurance
- Fully Paid 2x Basic life Insurance
- 401k with excellent company match
- · Paid Vacation/sick/personal Time