Servants Heart - Teamwork - Continuous Improvement - Get Things Done - Do the Right Thing - The Right Attitude
You are someone who is dedicated to making a difference, you continuously look for opportunities to improve, and you like to have fun! Not to mention, you are hard-working, compassionate, and reliable. You love a positive work environment and contribute well to a team. You aren't afraid to take on a challenge and you have a strong ability to build successful relationships with others. If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
At Grandma's Place, we are committed to supporting individuals with a chronic persistent mental illness, who are high functioning with intellectual disabilities, have a brain injury, and who may or may not have substance abuse/misuse barriers. We provide independent apartment living and customized home care services to assist our clients with developing independent living skills and leading a more self-directed life.
About the job:
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is essential in providing the highest level of quality care to our clients. DSPs provide direct support services to about 15-30+ individuals, while building strong relationships to help them lead more independent lives.
- Providing customized living home care services, completing progress documentation in accordance with client individualized plan of cares, and ensuring client satisfaction regarding services.
- Customized Living Home Care Services:
- Mental health management including behavioral, mental or cognitive services - ex: decision-making, de-escalation, appropriate and safe boundaries
- Medication administration
- Menu planning and preparation
- Grocery and personal shopping
- Transportation of clients in personal vehicle as requested
- Socialization and activities
- Money management support
- Prompts and reminders with grooming, bathing and dressing
- Communicating with the Site Services Manager and Site Registered Nurse, concerning client needs, progress, and changes in condition.
- Adhering to professional standards, Grandma's Place core values, following policies and procedures, and abiding by federal, state and local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Must possess the six Grandmas Place core values
- Willingness to complete background study and TB screening
- Have the ability to effectively communicate using English in both verbal and written communications
- Display your capability of being team, goal and task-oriented, as well as self-motivated
- Proven success making sound and independent decisions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Demonstrate your ability to navigate and utilize the internet, Microsoft Office, and Outlook email
What we would like from you:
- One year of experience with administering medication in a healthcare or human services setting
- 6 months-2 years of experience as a Personal Care Assistant, Home Health Aide, Direct Support Professional, or Independent Living Skills worker
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and strong ability to prioritize
The fine print:
- Hours per week: 30-40 hours (full-time)
- Wage: $14.00 per hour
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Time and a half pay during worked holidays
- 16 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off annually (VTO)
- Health Insurance, HRA, HSA
- Supplemental insurance for dental, vision, accident, critical illness, and disability
Are you ready to apply?
Powered by JazzHR