Who We Are: Point Quest Education is a community of life-long learners who respect the individual needs of our students. Point Quest believes that everyone deserves to learn in a safe, caring and supportive environment fostered by integrity and positive relationships with students and staff. High expectations for success are sought through appropriate instruction and intervention, which allows for individual difference and learning styles.
Why Should you Apply?
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Vacation for full-time employees
- Sick pay
- Team environment
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Location: We are seeking to fill the position of Site Administrative Assistant in our Depot Campus in Sacramento, CA.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Student records will be maintained with appropriate and timely information. A running log of needed items will be kept and provided to the Director of Education on a weekly basis. Files to include File Access, Intake Information, Emergency Card, IEPs, Report Cards, Transcripts, Testing Records (STAR/CAHSEE), Psycho-Educational Report, Health Information, DIS Reports.
- Master Contracts will be kept and organized per year. Records will be maintained and communicated in a timely manner to the Director of Education regarding unsigned Master Contracts.
- Individual Service Agreements (ISAs) will be maintained per student and district. The ISA will be generated by the Administrative Assistant upon district request. A running log will be kept of students who do not have a current, signed ISA. This log will be provided to the Director of Education on a weekly basis.
- Report card templates will be generated and provided to each teacher no later than 2 weeks prior to the ending of the grading period. Upon receipt of the completed report card, the Administrative Assistant will ensure a copy is placed in the official student file, a copy sent home, and to the contracting school district.
- Report cards will be mailed out no later than one week after the end of the grading period.
- Transcripts will be updated according to Point Quest’s graduation requirements at the end of each semester and within two weeks of the end of the grading period.
- Transcripts will be updated and printed for each IEP for the high school students.
- Transcripts will be provided to each teacher with high school students at the beginning of each semester.
- In preparation for an IEP, each student’s file will be up to date. A list of needed items will be provided to the Director of Education prior to the meeting.
- A current Emergency Card will be provided.
IEP MEETING NOTICES
- IEP Meeting Notices will be generated through SEIS within one month of the scheduled IEP meeting.
- The Administrative Assistant will secure who has Education Rights for the student and communicate this to the Director of Education.
- The Administrative Assistant will check to see if the student receives 26.5 services. If 26.5 services are a part of the current IEP, the Mental Health provider will be invited to the meeting.
- If the IEP Notice is sent out prior to one month before the IEP meeting a second notice will be mailed within 3 weeks of the meeting.
- Assessment Plans will be generated through SEIS at the direction of the Director of Education.
- The Assessment Plan will be provided to the Director of Education for review and signature.
- The Assessment Plan will be provided to the Office Manager to secure a signature from the Education Rightsholder.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
OBJECTIVES OR GOALS TO MEASURE PERFORMANCE:
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Accurate work product
- Timeliness in completing assignments
- Positive team attitude
- Taking initiative in unassigned tasks
- Staff development and training
- Improved personal professional growth and education
- Demonstration of good decision making
- Positive customer service attitude and communications
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma, equivalent or two-year degree or equivalent combinations of training and experience
- Experience working in a school or treatment setting for students with learning, social, emotional or mental disabilities
- DOJ/FBI Live Scan Background & TB Clearance
- Pro-Act, CPI, and/or CPR certification helpful
- Working knowledge of standard business practices and procedures
- Computer-literate; knowledge of standard company software applications, internet
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Problem-solving ability and proven accuracy with detailed information
- Proficient written and verbal English language communication skills, including business writing and professional telephone manner
- Reliability, dependability, and flexibility
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional exposure to dust, pollen, and fumes
- Requires frequent reaching, handling, sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, running, carrying, and lifting 50 or more lbs.
- Must be able to see and hear within normal range with or without correction.
- The noise intensity level is moderate to high
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Please refer to our Code of Conduct regarding the following:
- Cell Phone Usage
- Dress Code Policy
- Professional Demeanor
*This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
PQI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.