|Job type||Full Time|
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
Required Qualifications: (Must be documented on application materials)
About the Job
The primary purpose of this position is to provide clinical trials assistance to University faculty performing clinical research in the understanding and treatment of diseases in Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy, and Sleep Medicine. Duties are determined by protocol-specific requirements and may include any research activity from protocol development through study closeout. This position involves working with pediatric and adult patients.
60% - Identify and follow clinical trial subjects, accurately completing visit procedures and data collection according to the protocol while maintaining the health and safety of research subjects.
• Understand and interpret clinical protocols, assess study needs, develop plans for successful implementation, conduct and document visits, evaluate progress regularly, and provide input to integrate improvements.
• Develop methods to identify potential participants such as via database searches and collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Obtain research consent/HIPAA and screen patients for eligibility based on medically complex inclusion and exclusion criteria, seeking investigator input as appropriate. Educate the patient as well as the legally authorized representative or family when applicable throughout the research participation process.
• Provide protocol-specific specialized nursing services for research studies when needed, which may include vital signs, IV placement, blood draws, patient assessment, administering investigational agents, and/or obtaining biological specimens.
• Develop and maintain accurate source documentation.
• Document research findings and data according to protocol requirements and timeline.
• Interpret study/medical results to families and /or health care staff and report significant findings to appropriate study staff.
• Assess, troubleshoot, and report adverse events or problems with data collection or other research processes.
• 30% - Provide study-specific leadership and day-to-day supervision to meet key benchmarks in the areas of study setup, participant recruitment and retention rates, development and implementation of data management systems, and reporting responsibilities.
• Initiate and participate in project update meetings
• Provide assistance in defining and working through study logistics and feasibility
• Serve as subject matter expert in clinical-related and health care topics
• Collaborate with other disciplines involved in the research process. Demonstrate effective and efficient communication with study sponsors, monitors, study/department staff, and health team members
• Provide ongoing quality control audits and implement improvements as needed
• Position may include infrequent travel (2-3 times/year) for study meetings or training
• 10% - In conjunction with the departmental regulatory specialist, ensure adherence to research protocols, Good Clinical Practices (GCP), IRB, FDA and other applicable federal, state or local regulations. Assist in the timely preparation and maintenance of compliance and regulatory documents from the initial submission through study closure.
• Assist with development of clinical research protocol documentation
• Report findings and adverse events as applicable
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
For more information regarding benefits: https://humanresources.umn.edu/sites/humanresources.umn.edu/files/2019_tcd-cslr-75100-ben-0105-7_1.pdf
|Employer||University of Minnesota|