|Job type||Full Time|
|Salary||Up to $44,000.00 based on education and experience.|
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
This position will cover multiple counties. The duty station will be determined upon hire.
Counties Covered: Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw, Coal, Latimer, LeFlore, McCurtain, Pittsburg & Pushmataha.
OSDH is seeking two full time Health Educator II providing support to Region 9 of the southeast region of the state. These are unclassified positions (PIN#34004098 & 34004099) in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here ] . The annual salary for this position is up to $44,000.00 based on education and experience.
The positions will be responsible for establishing a positive working relationship within the community to conduct needs assessments within schools, businesses and the community. Facilitate the development of Community Health Improvement Plan with key stakeholders and partners that reflects the Oklahoma Health Improvement Plan resulting in improved health outcomes within Region 9. Strategically plan, organize, implement and communicate health education interventions and services to address needs and modify health-related behaviors of individuals, families, organizations and communities identified within the Community Health Improvement Plan. Effectively monitor and evaluate health education services to determine outcomes and opportunities for quality improvement.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Conducts needs assessments at the individual, organizational, and community levels to determine appropriate theoretical basis from which to initiate programmatic and strategic planning.
• Conducts programmatic and strategic planning with stakeholders in regard to health issues and infrastructure development.
• Implements and/or monitors the implementation of evidence based health education curricula and health promotion programs with an emphasis on program completeness, fidelity, and evaluation.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of health education/promotion programs and makes necessary changes.
• Assists in the development of grant related documents and proposals.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with agencies, communities, or organizations in determining the need for specialized health education programs and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of such programs; this includes strategic planning, the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
• Prepares and delivers public presentations for selected audiences.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of public health problems, principles and practices; of theoretical concepts of health behavior and application of such; of group organization and leadership; of community infrastructure development; of current social and economic problems as they relate to public health; of statistical methods; of basic epidemiology; and of grant preparation. Ability is required to speak to the public; to organize communities, establish and facilitate coalitions, and direct groups; to prepare a variety of educational materials, such as pamphlets, bulletins, oral presentations, articles for publication, newsletters and curricula; to use personal computers and applicable software such as word processing and digital/video presentation; to show cultural competence in working with diverse populations; and to coordinate and carry out advanced level projects.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an environmentally controlled office or community setting. These positions require long periods of sitting, daily use of computer, phone and travel as needed.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Community Health, School Health Education, Health Studies, Nutrition, Health Behavior, Public Health, Nursing or other related field PLUS one year of experience in public health education or community development.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
|Employer||Oklahoma State Department of Health|