We are looking for an administrative candidate to serve as a Records Specialist. This position will provide administrative and staff support for general organizational operations, including the ongoing implementation and maintenance of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
The ideal candidate has experience using Eldermark, is good at problem-solving, prioritizes and plans work efficiently, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality, is adaptable to changes in the work environment, and is dependable and on time.
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the centralized filing system for resident information, ensuring prompt and accurate filing of documents, and retrieving documents from the files as needed or requested.
- Communicate needs for updated or missing information to the appropriate supervisory staff.
- Monitor resident appointments and medication administration records.
- Review appointment forms, ensuring use of correct form and thorough completion, as well as noting follow-up appointments as needed.
- Ensure documentation is received for any medication changes noted on appointment forms.
- Coordinate with system developers to ensure the EHR system is tailored to meet the needs of the company.
- Review incoming documentation, including but not limited to eMARS, incident reports, and other pertinent information for resident files.
- Oversee the daily use of the EHR and communicate any pertinent information with management.
- Ensure the organization and management of archived files for individuals served.
- Ensure compliance with relevant internal and external policies.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues.
- Orient new staff to the EHR system and related policies and procedures.
- Review eMARs for discrepancies and follow up as needed.
- Track medication discrepancies; assign retraining to staff as needed and ensure documentation of training.
- Performs administrative duties that support employee relations functions, completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- The Records Specialist is a representative of Zumbro House, Inc. and will positively represent the company to all internal employees and external organizations.
- Two-year degree preferred.
- Experience in the Human Services field is preferred.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to audit and track data.
- Ability to operate personal computer and various software applications including Word and Excel.
- Ability to successfully investigate and roll out new technology aimed at assisting and improving the tracking and implementation of quality and compliance measures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to pass background study.
$15-$17 per hour