Information Services has an exciting opportunity for an Office Support Specialist to join our team to assist in documenting business processes, create job aides and desk guides in support of Workday and/or other applications.
The ideal candidate has the ability to take detailed notes and summarize the procedures for management and for end users. They are a skilled listener with a strong command of the English language. They have technical skills in SharePoint and a background in technical writing or business process documentation.
This is a limited term, temporary position, through 12/31/2022.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, OR QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or GED
- Three years of specialized office support experience, including one year of technical writing/business process documentation experience.
- Completion of college level or specialized vocational-technical coursework in Business Administration, Office Administration, English, Education, or a related field from a college, university or school accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education or equivalent may be substituted for up to two year(s) of the required experience.
Criminal Conviction Standards:
- Knowledge and/or experience in Workday or other ERP software
- Knowledge of Articulate or other training material production software
- Experience in writing software user guides
- Experience in large technology application deployment and/or implementation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- The successful incumbent will or may have unsupervised access to a secured/confidential facility or computer system(s). As a result, Kitsap County will be conducting an extensive criminal background check by law enforcement agencies, which will include fingerprinting.
- Please review the following list of disqualifying crimes and negative actions to determine if you meet our standard for this position: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/ffa/disqualifying-list-crimes-and-negative-actions
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Kitsap County provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- The duties in this position are performed in an office setting utilizing standard office equipment
OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
- Document business process for implementation of the Phase 2 transition to Workday
- Create written job aides and/or desk guides to assist users in the adoption of the new technology
- Attend meetings and document discussions
- Utilize SharePoint lists and websites for information outreach and other deliverables
- Who May Apply: This position is open to the general public. Applications will be screened for qualifications and completion of all the required materials and forms. The most competitive applicants may be contacted for further steps in the selection process, which may include testing for office and computer skills.
- This position is classified as eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement with AFSCME 1308. Employees joining the union will be required to pay union dues through payroll deduction. Internal applicants should be aware that a change in union status or bargaining unit may impact your benefits and accruals. Please contact Human Resources if you have questions.
- Kitsap County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our Human Resources Office.
- This recruitment is being used to fill an existing open position, and may be used to fill future openings for up to six (6) months.
- Work hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closing Date/Time: 7/27/2021 11:59 PM Pacific