About Our Job
Pretrial Officer Supervisor - Community Corrections
Candidates with strong qualifications and interest are encouraged to apply, posting can close promptly without notice.
About Our Job:
City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
The City and County of Denver's Community Corrections Department is seeking a Pretrial Officer Supervisor.
The Community Corrections Division (CCD) is an agency within the Department of Safety. The CCD has a diverse and dedicated staff committed to enhancing public safety and working with the community and other criminal justice agencies. This position will perform supervisory duties over a Pretrial unit. The Pretrial Services Program is divided into two components. The program evaluates defendants who are incarcerated to determine their eligibility for release and supervises defendants released from incarceration to monitor requirements ordered by the Court.
Successful candidates must complete and pass a background investigation that encompasses the applicant's employment and criminal history.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Being available to guide, advise, and facilitate assistant to Pretrial Service Officers after regular business hours, to include during the weekend.
- Supervises the work of pretrial officers, clerical staff, and other assigned personnel in the process of probation.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, and assigns work and establishes goals/priorities for subordinate employees.
- Evaluates work upon completion for adherence to guidelines and standards.
- Resolves problems encountered by employees during the length of the assignment.
- Develops/implements required training programs and trains staff in day to day operations.
- Maintains a caseload of individuals placed on supervision.
- Develops/implements development plans to provide cross training of employees, specific job-related training, and other approaches to provide opportunities for staff flexibility and development.
- Implements and interprets policies/procedures developed by higher level managers.
- Develops, recommends, coordinates the implementation of new procedures for the assigned function.
- Develops the performance evaluation program for functions within the unit, monitors and documents employee performance, provides ongoing feedback regarding levels of performance, and formally evaluates employees in relations to performance.
- Initiates/recommends disciplinary action for employees, as necessary.
- Interviews and selects staff reporting directly to this position and assists with other interviews, as required.
- Assists in the development of departmental budgets.
Our ideal Pretrial Service Officer Supervisor will have:
- Experience supervising community supervision officers.
- Exceptional professional writing skills.
- Utilizes relevant knowledge, know-how and skills to explain and clarify processes/procedures.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Preferred, however not required).
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop team members.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid competence and application of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Capacity to develop navigation skills, along with knowledge and understanding related to internal/external databases.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Corrections, or related field.
- Experience: Three (3) years' experience in case writing and investigation, or in case work and counseling in areas such as probation, prison, alcohol and drug abuse, domestic violence, or related fields including one (1) year experience as a project leader or lead worker on an interim basis.
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high-school education. A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
CN3191 Pretrial Services Supervisor
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click
Position Salary Range
$66,164.00 - $109,171.00
Based on Education and Experience
Department of Safety
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click
for English or