|Job type||Full Time|
|Salary||$17.16 - $23.34 Hourly|
All Charleston County Employees, as a condition of employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide their vaccination card.
The primary responsibilities of this position are: to provide clerical, administrative, and customer service support to the Public Works Department (primarily for the Transportation Construction Engineering and Inspection Division); coordinate and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, other County employees (within and outside of the Department), as well as business and community organizations and municipalities; provide assistance with outreach and educational initiatives for the Department.
Hiring Hourly Range: $17.16 - $23.34
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Inputs and tracks progress of work orders, projects, and project milestones
* Review inspector files and project manager files to ensure all necessary documents are consistently filed
* Review Inspector daily reports for accuracy and completeness
* Develop consultant and contractor performance evaluation forms
* Maintain a project close out form to submit for closure of permits and to help with quantity tracking
* Maintain excel database for the County Transportation Committee (CTC) annually requested projects
* Maintain a database that tracks pay item bid prices to assist project managers with accurate engineer estimates
* Assists Construction Engineering and Inspection staff with invoice packages by verifying quantities and ensuring that the applicable material certification, test results, and asphalt/ concrete tickets have been submitted prior to recommending approval of invoice
* Communicates and coordinates regularly with others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities
* Provides support to the Construction Engineering and Inspection staff & project managers, including drafting correspondence and reports, documenting meeting minutes, analyzing data or written material, creating PowerPoint presentations and spreadsheets
* Assist utility coordinator by developing utility conflict database
* Assist external and internal customers in a courteous and professional manner
* Performing other directly related duties as needed
* May be designated to report to work during hazardous weather or emergency conditions
Position requires a high school diploma (or GED), supplemented with three to five (3-5) years of progressively responsible administrative experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An Associate's Degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess relevant office and business skills, various computer software experience including Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office applications. Must communicate effectively orally and in writing and establish/maintain cooperative working relationship with staff, other agencies, and the public. Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion. A valid SC driver's license or the ability to obtain one upon acceptance of the position is required.Closing Date/Time: 12/12/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
|Employer||CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC|