|Job type||Full Time|
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
Austin Resource Recovery (a department within the City of Austin) is looking to hire a candidate to assist with various Residential Quality Services ( RQS ) initiatives. In particular, the Quality Assurance Division of Austin Resource Recovery is looking for an employee with strong analytical and report writing skills to complete multiple projects. Specific work tasks include assisting with conducting various internal audits, updating and validating compliance measures, monitoring the department's performance measures, creating surveys, collecting and analyzing data, and developing reports based off of performed analysis that include recommendations for management. Other duties may be assigned as required. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and report writing abilities. The ideal candidate will have a understanding of various data analytics methods. Familiarity of Municipal Solid Waste systems is a plus.
A competency assessment may be required to verify your skill set.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within Austin Resource Recovery outside of the division listed above.
A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Your application should reflect your complete employment history (to include all job duties responsibilities and employment dates) on your online application. The application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered (e.g., "see resume" or "see Linked In Profile"). The responses to the supplemental questions inquiring about experience should be reflected on your application.
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
Veteran candidates will be required to provide a copy of their DD214 at the time of interview.
Each individual who submits an Application as provided in the Municipal Civil Service Rules and meet the Minimum Qualifications for a Competitive Position shall be considered a Candidate for that Position. Employees, in Good Standing, who are Candidates within the Department or division that the Position resides in and who meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications (if any) of the Position will be included in the initial interview.
NOTE : All Austin Resource Recovery locations are tobacco-free. Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any ARR worksite - including parking lot or in any personal vehicle located on the premises.
$22.95 - $29.26
Monday - Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM.
Early mornings (6:00am) and weekends will be required based on business needs.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting External
Department Austin Resource Recovery
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 1520 Rutherford Lane, Bldgd 1, Austin TX 78754
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Collects, analyzes, and oversees data entry on relevant quality performance indicators or measures.
2. Maintains a database in order to perform trend analysis and provides statistical reporting of trends, other quality reviews, and associated activities
3. Monitors and evaluates appropriateness of facility quality management plans and practices.
4. Designs, schedules and conducts quality reviews as appropriate to the facility or service; performs or coordinates chart and/or other medical record reviews and records and/or abstracts specific relevant data as appropriate.
5. Coordinates the development or various reports regarding performance of quality indicators or measures.
6. Participates in the planning, development, coordination, and presentation of specific training and educational programs as appropriate to the quality management needs of the facility or service.
7. Collaborates and consults with other associated facilities regarding current quality management issues and activities.
8. Provides quality and compliance assessments of third parties and recommends solutions
9. Reviews, analyzes and ensures compliance with all related local, state, and federal laws and guidelines
10. Prepares work papers, summaries, and reports
11. Provides guidance and recommendations to management in the development and completion of the performance based budget measures
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of financial and economic analysis
• Knowledge of applicable City of Austin, state, and federal statutes, ordinances, and codes.
• Knowledge of research methodologies, cost/benefit analysis, statistics, and financial models.
• Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
• Knowledge of quality review practices and procedures
• Knowledge of performance based measurements and competitive analysis
• Knowledge of municipal finance and accounting
• Skilled in communication both verbal and written
• Skilled in team dynamics
• Skilled in negotiation of projects and programs.
• Skilled in engaging stakeholders and facilitating accurate requirements to capture and manage stakeholder's expectations.
• Ability to assess current operations on an ongoing basis and implement required changes
Criminal Background Investigation This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* The minimum qualifications of the Quality Improvement Specialist include: Graduation from accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus two (2) years of related experience. Experience may substitute for education up to the maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet the minimum qualifications of this position?
(Open Ended Question)
* Please describe your experience developing professional reports, to include developing recommendations.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please describe your experience monitoring databases and explaining trends or outliers.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please describe your experience conducting quantitative analysis and interpreting the results.
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have the ability to travel to multiple sites as part of the regular job duties?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
|Employer||City of Austin, TX|