New York, New York, United States,
The Sales Assistant position at Discovery is the entry level role to get you on the path to a successful career within multi platform media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
- Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal Discovery departments including Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Billing and Direct Response.
- Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, added value, asset coordination for digital campaigns, etc.).
- Execute all client orders across multi platforms ensuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.
- Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
- Work with the Account Executive and the Marketing department on promotional assets, material deadlines, and approvals.
- Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.
- Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and the billing department.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the manager.
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong problem solving skills and customer service skills
- Detail oriented and team player
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies
- Ability to work overtime with short notice
- Previous marketing, sales or communications internships experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States