Knoxville, Tennessee, United States,
Discovery and HGTV are looking for a managing editor to support the network on HGTV.com with fun, engaging and informative content. Reporting to VP of Convergence and Social Media, this person will develop digital content strategies and oversee digital content support for HGTV shows, talent, and fans. They’ll be responsible for ongoing site programming, content writing and creation, and brand-priority support on HGTV.com.
- Responsible for day-to-day site and homepage programming in support of brand priority shows, talent and strategic goals. This entails the creation of site promotions and features, including photos, headlines, and promotional copy.
- Requires an ongoing familiarity with and tracking of HGTV shows and premieres to determine how best to support on HGTV.com and social platforms and to drive engagement and tune-in.
- Produce fun, informative, and compelling content to support shows, share talent, and engage with HGTV fans. Requires expertise in creating strong content including articles and galleries from linear shows and photography and the creativity to transform available content into top-tier digital or social experiences.
- Create, publish, and maintain show pages, articles, photo galleries, and related show-based content for new and upcoming shows, as well as ongoing favorites. Requires experience with content management systems and basic photo-editing abilities.
- Understand SEO best practices and implement them when planning and creating new content and updating existing content.
- With support from analytics, track site metrics including page views, visits, engagement to optimize content and programming efforts.
- Create and publish trending and evergreen digital content and perform on-going site and content management in support of priorities and SEO best-practices.
- Align with social media coordinator on ideas for shareable, trendy content including articles, social posts or campaigns promoting shows and content related to shows or talent.
- May manage and edit contributions from others including internal and external full-time, contract, freelance and temporary employees, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media, Journalism or related field, or commensurate experience
- 5-7+ years’ experience in digital content creation for a large-scale brand or business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and in published work.
- Experienced in copy editing and editorial review as well as AP Style
- Strong editorial judgment.
- Knowledge of digital content creation and content management tools; knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager is a plus.
- A proactive, can-do mentality and strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to act independently and responsibly.
- Experience with digital and social performance indicators.
- May supervise the work of others, as assigned.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.